Saturday, December 02, 2006

Fluctuated

I've been putting writing off for some time now, thanks to a fluctuating internet connection, fluctuating electricity, and a fluctuating brain. Bear. With. Me.

Optimus Prime is a Dodge Ram, and Shockwave/Shockblast is a Mazda RX-8. I still can't believe that the first things I asked my mom for as pasalubong were... toys. Yes, toys. Cool-looking toys, but still toys. And just yesterday, I persuaded my bros to join me in accompanying our Dad to Big R and Sta. Lucia so that I could look at... you guessed it, toys. 'Cause I was getting kinda sick of having no bigger figure to stick our mini-con collection to. Too bad our prospects didn't have the mini-con pegs anymore, as they weren't available in the later versions. Now I'm regretting buying the pegged Hot Shot toy when it was still around (along with my regrets at not getting the rest of the Armada series mini-cons early on).

No matter how many times you listen to them, Billy Corgan and Tori Amos will still sound funny, even unintelligible at first listen. The only thing that can stop this phenomenon is finally giving up and looking for lyrics to their songs. Upon reading their lyrics though, you're just gonna love them more for their poetry.

Speaking of poetry, currently reading Aristotle's "Poetics" for Theater Communication class. Kinda vague if you know the works or Sophocles and Homer, which I, obviously, hardly know. All I know is that Oedipus is freaky.

Still can't get over the fact that some people are stupid enough to bring their unknowing girlfriends into the heart of a Slapshock-induced (read: wild and most probably addict-filled) mosh pit, only to spend the next few minutes futilely trying to push the human projectiles away from his feminine liability (I know, that sounded sexist, but it's true, and I'd rather be called sexist than a liar). No, it's not sweet at all, just stupid. Thinking that it's been a week or so since the event just makes it more stupid.

Everybody has written about how Reming gave the Philippines the big "Up yours!", so I guess I'll just skip that. Feel sorry for Isabel and KM (who live in Albay and Sorsogon, respectively) though. Trust me, I'm praying to anyone who listens up there in the heavens for you guys.

Aww, crap. Fluctuation.

...

posted by Ocnarf @ 7:44 PM   2 have spoken

2 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

small correction:
sorsogon is a province of bicol. :)

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Ocnarf said...

My bad. Will edit.

Fluctuation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home