Sunday, November 05, 2006

Lunatic

The stars are absent
Blame the fluffy mists that cloud
The ebony night

Instead, redirect
Your gaze toward the white ball
Floating, glowing, full

Night's eye stares at us
Her beams mind-stimulating
Hence, world lunacy

If I could capture
Your beams and write them into
The paper I hold

Chronicle your face
Which has inspired thousands
For generations

But my thoughts are strays
Hundreds of fish in a lake
Always out of reach

By the time I have
Caught a moonbeam to write on
Time has but run out

When pen meets paper
Like sand passing through a sieve
The thoughts are all gone

I am left alone
With pen and paper in hand
A lost soul again

And as I look down
I let my tears soak into
The paper I hold

Tonight, I wanted
To write something worth reading
Tell me, have I failed?

posted by Ocnarf @ 2:37 AM   1 have spoken

1 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ang galing-galing naman ni franco :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home