Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Srsly wrd wrtng (or you could always call it experimental)

Three Flash (Non)fictions

Dream I:

Lola, did you see the drinking fountains beside the hotel driveway? Yes, those shiny new metal ones. Well, your new chauffeur pissed into one of them after he opened the door for you, before he drove the car to the parking lot. I tried to stop him, but then he chased me all over the hotel with a knife in his hand and a murderous glow in his eye. When he stopped chasing me I desided that I had to make him pay for his crime so when I caught him shopping with his mom (who looks about your age) at the grocery in the hotel's basement, I walked up and told his mom about what her son did instead of sneaking up and beating him senseless with the teflon frying pan I was holding (heavy duty, they said in the commercials) which what I planned to do before I saw that his mom was with him. What's worse than what her son did was his mom asking me so what's wrong with that before turning her nose up, turning around and walking away as her ears suddenly became completely deaf to my explanations. That's wrong, right?

Right?

Lola, please answer me!

Lola, at least tell me if I'm wrong!

If the chauffeur's mom was worse, then this must be the worst.

When by breathing is heavy enough I could burst into tears at any moment, I wake up.

Dream II:

It is an eLBi night, one of those rare nights I am perfectly content, not to mention unbored, with chilling all by myself in my dorm room, when a text message from an unfamiliar number instructs me to go to the NCAS Annex 2. ASAP, it says.

In front of the building I see a circle of people discussing something serious. I recognize a lot of familiar faces as I join the circle: Migy, Nikko (he texted me), Lei, Andie and Charet among the students, Ma'am Giselle and Sir Gupa among the teachers. As a serious Ma'am Giselle and an even more serious Sir Gupa are having a heated argument, Migy whispers to my ear that Sir Gupa is planning a new production for the semester. As he says this, Ma'am Giselle and Sir Gupa quiet down, and Sir Gupa faces me, the expression on his face giving meaning to the term deadly serious. Franco, he says, we're planning a new production. It will be a sequel to Ang Bagong Cristo, we're calling it Ang Bagong Bagong Cristo. Will you be willing to help with the publicity?

I am thinking of an answer when I wake up still thinking of an answer.

Dream III:

My eyes still closed, I move my right hand to stroke the Siamese kitten I know is sleeping beside me. I stroke what is supposed to be the back of its neck when I feel a purring throat there. I open my eyes and look at my side. To my horror, the kitten beside me is sleeping peacefully even if its head and neck are on upside down, its forehead where its chin is supposed to be and its throat where the back of its neck is supposed to be.

Horrified, I jump out of bed, and when I wake up, I've already fallen halfway down to the floor.

posted by Ocnarf @ 12:16 PM   0 have spoken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home