Sunday, August 05, 2007

metareality, metalearning, metaprayer

Isn't it kind of ironic, that there's so much you can write about when there's so little happening in your life, and vice versa. Or maybe not, considering the fact that people nowadays tend to live in two realities: the one in which they live in, and the one in which they "live" in. Think Neo of "The Matrix".

Maybe Macalintal was right. Maybe I really am just an escapist.

"As an afterthought, it is amusing to think about how by thinking about thinking about how we learn, we not only learn more about how we think about how we learn, we also learn more about how we learn, ultimately learning more about ourselves in the process, to contextualize the ancient Greek “Gnothi seauton” (“Know thyself”)."

-On Learning and "Metalearning" (reflection paper for Learning Psychology class).

Or just somebody with a really big Douglas Adams hangover, now that I think of it.

"Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things I decided not to know about. Amen."

-Prayer for Arthur Dent (taken from Mostly Harmless-by Douglas Adams, of course)

Oshitforgotpositionpaperduethisweek. At least in the Other reality (yes, that capitalized O is intentional).

I take back what I said, maybe I really am just escapist.

Sigh, I love parsimony.

posted by Ocnarf @ 2:56 AM   1 have spoken

1 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, Blogger leia said...

On being an escapist: My friend Red says you can look at it in two perspectives. Is your alternate reality a 'flight of a deserter' or an 'escape of a prisoner'?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home