Wednesday, June 13, 2007

June 8 was the spartan day I never got to write about + two years

So I slept at 3AM that morning, then woke up at 5AM so that I could ride along with my bros who already have school. On the way to Ateneo I starve, so I get a muffin, fries and Coke from the drive thru at McDo Katipunan. I proceed so scarf the food and the Coke down. As expected, lots of fastfood, too salty fries and ice-cold Coke in the morning proceed to give me one of the worst stomachaches I've had in a long time. But there's an errand we have to run for Ma first, and it involves waiting outside Seedling Bank's Philippine Horticulture Society Office for several minutes (blame it all on Filipino time and my preference for ten-minute advanced timepieces). After the errand and now pale with cold sweat, I proceed to Lola's house for a very successful throne session and to finish the week's worth of articles on their computer, WHICH HAS INTERNET. I go back to Katipunan and hang around with my bro, who is waiting for a spot in the secret computer shop behind Greenwich Katipunan so that he and his friends can engage in a DotA bonding session, while I watch the last episode of Heroes (which was such an annoyingly anticlimactic waste of twenty-two past episodes of amusingly unexpected plot twists) with a crappy headset that only plays into the right ear and a fifth grader who's playing Counterstrike on full speaker volume and shouting like some crazy German Unreal Tournament-playing kid everytime he gets a kill. I tell myself that I can't take any more of this, so I relocate to the neighborhood-friendlier (and much quieter) Hobby Haven down the highway. The lack of sleep takes over me while I'm trying the new Command and Conquer 3 out for the second time, so I take a nap on the mezzanine sofa. Then I remember that Mikey texted some time ago that the drinking session at his house was cancelled, which ultimately ruins my plan of leeching off their Internet so that I could register in SystemOne at 12MN. Unfortunately, my cellphone dies out, and the fact that Hobby Haven grants me use of the landline is eclipsed by a memory lapse. I proceed to hang around the place and play DotA (they wouldn't let me leave until we finished the game, which we won anyway), unknowingly skipping lunch and realizing that I have not had any food since the evil McDo breakfast, but it is 11PM and only McDo is open at this time, so I walk to McDo and back for another meal. It is already 1AM when I proceed to check how I and the others are doing with the SystemOne thing. The sight of eighteen units makes me so happy I don't give a crap about my morning schedule, which I am sure I will regret in the near future. Stuck in Katipunan with nowhere to sleep, I take my chances by trying to get a ride home at 3AM, the time an Antipolo-bound jeepney passes by Katipunan once around every thirty minutes, if ever one passes by. Luckily, a jeep does pass by after the said half-hour long wait. I get home, and remember that I only have a key to the gate, no key to the house, everybody's asleep, all the lights are out. It is 4AM, and only the dogs notice my silent entrance, even then their racket is not loud enough to rouse the house from it's dreams. My brain is formulating the Plan B of sleeping in the vacation house beside our house (which has a grill I could easily slip through) when I remember entering my house through the window of my room. I then proceed with what I can only describe as a "contortionist/akyat-bahay" maneuver, fitting my body through a 10 inch long, 11 inch wide square of metal. Finally, with dirty feet and legs and arms and torso and head, aching joints, two fastfood meals (both McDo) and only 2.5 hours of sleep so far, I take a quick shower and jump into bed, remembering that it is the Transformers Movie Toy Launch in Megamall tomorrow, something I just have to visit.

And thus did the day, which I could only describe as Spartan and which I could not write about until now because OUR INTERNET IS DOWN YET AGAIN, end.

...

By the way, this blog is now two years older than the time it started, and so am I.

Like what high school friend Jonathan texted me several days ago, "You're another year closer to death, congrats."

Funnily enough, what bothered me was not his message, but the fact that he didn't spell death with a capital D, one which I'm more used to seeing from him.

I'm not a teenager anymore. What's that supposed to mean?

posted by Ocnarf @ 3:26 PM   2 have spoken

2 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger bulitas said...

each passing day away from the tracks of the teen years makes people look at death in such a way that it has become too common and too trivial to catch the focus of their attention.

=)

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Ocnarf said...

Death. Is. Emo. Hawtness.

Wala lang.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home