Sunday, October 05, 2008

Whee-kend Blabbelblah (because I lack the creativity for anything aside from ranting these days)

Finally, the time to sit down and write for the sake of writing. No time pressure, no requirements (though I have to get down to the idea of doing the Eng 106, Sosc 2, Thea 108 and Coma 193 stuff down soon). A set of poems, a concept paper, an acting journal, an article and a newspaper layout. Despite what I believe are the really wonderful things Sir Gene said about the Communication Arts program, it sometimes annoys me that we're pressured to be good in everything, because to put it frankly, everything's what a BACA student does. Talk about Renaissance.

...

Finally finished with Tao. Everybody raving about it being a fresh take on theater in UPLB, what with all the movement intertwining with facial expressions and violently colorful "Medieval, Victorian, Elizabethan, Tudorian" costumes (cast: an orange chicken, a tiger with furry forearms, a shiny teddy bear, a macho dancer with a mohawk, a punk hooker and a member of the black-neon green parade, among others). Everybody pleased with the idea that every director in the University DOES have their own trademarks for their productions. Body really tired from continuous abuse of Extra Joss, coffee and softdrinks, the latter which I am also now blaming for a chip in one of my molars (TV-commercial child's voice: "CAVITIES!"). Satisfied with myself because I feel I did justice to the two major scenes I danced and acted in. Glad all the drama outside the stage is over (or is it?).

...

Launched the folio last Friday. And as Brian said, maganda nga sya. Go get a copy from any Pantas member for only a hundred bucks (if I remember correctly). Go read Catalina Wanders into the Clouds. Go tell me how I can make it better. Or if you don't want to, just go read it. And the other stories. And maybe get a few autographs from the authors still lurking around in the campus. Because biases aside, trust me, these people are going somewhere someday. Yes, even with seriously screwed-up a name like Jorge Luis Gaiman (Biboy's new pseudonym).

...

Totally fucked up on thesis. Ma'am Bheng's leaving me soon. And in her note I almost misread the line 'a draft of your proposal for a grade of "S"' for 'a draft of your proposal for a grade of "5"'. Whee emotional roller coaster, especially when you remember that I'm only grade-conscious because I want to prove a few things to my parents and myself: to them, that I could have actually shifted to Diliman ASAP, it's just that I CHOSE to study there, and to me, that, what everybody around me has been telling me is true, that I really am a smart kid. I know, I know, I'm a pompous ass. It's just that I've never had the knack for being emotional and stuff, especially when it doesn't involve intellectualizing something. Maybe that's why all my relationships with other people are convoluted and whatnot. Duhnno. Time to stalk the Diliman libraries again this sembreak.

...

I want to learn how to breakdance. From a real teacher, not from watching tutorial videos over the Internet (did this back in high school; it taught me how to handstand) and experimenting with my body (I think I dislocated my right leg thrice this semester). That, and learn how to play the sax. Annoying when you have a shiny sax in your room, but have no idea at all how to play it. Yes, I've tried fiddling with it the way I did with the recorder, piano, drums, bongos and djembe, and it didn't work.

...

They featured the house in PDI again last Wednesday, this time focusing on Mama and Papa's garden renovations. Too bad the online version doesn't have the pictures, it looks really nice in the newspaper. Annoying sometimes that I'm never around when these things happen.

...

I want to finish all the Marquez (No One Writes to the Colonel and other stories), Gaiman (Neverwhere), Borges (Ficciones), Adams (The Long, Dark Tea-Time of the Soul), Lovecraft (The Call of Cthulhu an other stories) and Foucault (Madness and Civilization) books lying around. I want to get the Leader Class Movie Optimus Prime from the Megamall Toy Kingdom because it's p200 cheaper than how much the Greenhills collectors' stores are selling it for, along with the rare Alternator Optimus Prime my bro told me he saw in Greenhills. I want to play Magic (and the money to play it) again. I want a tall glass of iced mocha, a platter of marinara or carbonara, a free afternoon, and somebody to talk to over it and share it with (the pasta and the afternoon only, of course, as the coffee's exclusively mine). I want I want I want.

...

The Dilemma of Double Lives:

When I'm in UPLB, I'm too busy to be doing anything.

When I'm at home, I'm too tired to be doing anything.

And frankly, I don't which one I'd prefer.

posted by Ocnarf @ 9:55 AM   2 have spoken

2 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger bulitas said...

whew!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Ocnarf said...

Yes. Partida, hindi pa hell week that time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home