Sunday, August 17, 2008

Information Overload

Sound: Papa's playing a playlist of Bukas Palad and whatnot that's been looping over itself the entire afternoon to show off the new digital picture frame he won just this week. Bro's blasting through Filipino versions of Umbrella, With You, Low and New Found Glory songs (which I hate) and Death Cab for Cutie songs (which I like) amidst the pearl drop-ish sounds of his perpetually busy Yahoo Messenger-ing where his friends interrupt him to affectionately call him gago or wassup or any TLA (Three-Letter Acronym) they wish which he gamely responds to with his own affectionate gago and he will reply back and they will go on much like the fashion of sending sweet nothings, but with more testosterone. The built-in speakers of my laptop suck so there's no way my attempt to play Massive Attack on Youtube can compete with the combined sonic dissonance of a digital picture frame drifting through Panalangin ng Pagiging Bukas Palad and a desktop pseudoheadbanging through I Will Possess Your Heart and a bunch of YM pearl drops. When bro gets tired of blasting, he will go to the other side to bang the drums using my headset which I do not wear since it smells so much like the sweat he leaks when he gets too enthusiastic in his banging which is why I have no way to shut the extra noises out.

Sight: The LCD (whee TLA) I am typing into shows this screen with tabs for the aforementioned Youtube attempts, the Friendster Bulletin Board where I am doing surveys for the heck of it which is a short, pretend apathetic way of saying OMG (whee another TLA) I hope somebody reads this and sees how mysteriously interesting a person I am, and of course there's also my own YM, where people are either too busy to be sending sweet nothings to each other or have outgrown the activity or I'm the victim of some sort of conspiracy where everybody else is sending each other their sweet nothings and sending none to me, which is utter bullshit because I believe in their maturity. To prove this, the lone chat window open is the remnant of a conversation with Jin over the assignments for Creative Writing and the question of which requires more effort this semester: Creative Writing class or Acting class?

Touch: My fingers are tapping the smooth plastic of the laptop's keyboard. Every now and then, my thumb goes to the trackpad and uses its not smooth but not exactly rough surface to scroll across the pages and switch between windows.

(None for taste and smell, since I have a cold. Woe if I didn't have one.)

No wonder ADD is such an issue nowadays.

posted by Ocnarf @ 6:33 PM   0 have spoken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home