Saturday, June 28, 2008

Rant: Bad Trip

Woke up at around 10am, starving. Decided to grab something to eat at Jollibee before taking the HM bus to Cubao. Waited ten minutes for one Tuna Pie. Was doing okay in the bus, until a big guy that smelled like sweat and cigarette smoke sat beside me for the remaining hour of the trip. Head hurt, so I still tried to sleep. Almost missed my stop in the process. Walked to the FX terminal, sat down and waited a hour for the vehicle to leave, partly thanks to a stupid couple who were, over several minutes, hesitating to ride because they would have to be not beside each other. Found out that the FX people raised the fare by ten pesos, throwing my budgetting off track. Old man at the back grumpily demanded to be dropped off at the small space between Sta. Lucia and Robinson's Metro East, which turned out to be an illegal spot. FX driver got caught and, with shaky hands, handed over his license to the cop. By the look on his face, cop wasn't going to be returning the license anytime soon, so driver apologized, refunded our fares, and asked us to get other rides. Decided to take another route, just in case my luck turns out to be better. Jeepney's brakes failed right before reaching my stop, with me walking the remaining few meters. Boarded a Tanay-bound jeep so that I can get off right in front of our street, which was thankfully not as eventful as the preeding ones. All in all, a trip that, in addition to being really exhausting, usually takes two and a half hours, takes almost four hours. Arrived home, plopped down on sala couch, and slept the afternoon off.

On a lighter note, though, I finally heard the Tagalog versions of "Low" and "Umbrella" I've been hearing so much about.

posted by Ocnarf @ 8:21 PM   0 have spoken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home