Tuesday, July 05, 2005

DotA 101

You know you're addicted to something when other people start asking you about it.

Having said this, I can safely say that I AM kinda addicted to DotA (see previous post Ü).

In fact I'm teaching my fellow dormers how to play it. Even now they're probably playing at the other nearby computer shop.

To be honest, I don't really know why I liked the game at first. Peer pressure? Kinda. Graphics and all that stuff about game specs? Come on, there are way too many games with better graphics and all.

I like the fact that it's not one of those MMORPGs dominating our country's gaming scene, those games where you have to invest a lot (and I mean a looooooot) of time just to get by. I remember playing Ragnarok and hating the fact that I had to spend something like 4 or 5 hours a day just so I could keep levels with my classmates (stupid peer pressure... it gets on everybody's nerves...).

I also like the mind games behind the whole concept, kinda like the rock-paper-scissors theory behind the environment of games like M:tG and L5R. Being good at DotA takes analysis, and I kinda like analysing things people don't normally analyze.

Wala lang. Naaadik nga lang ata talaga ako.

posted by Ocnarf @ 2:51 PM   0 have spoken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home